Registration Portal for Training Programs on
Water Resources Management
World Water Development Report 2012 describes that water management can be broadly classified into managing three important aspects of water: the resource, the water services and the trade-offs for competing demands. The task of water managers has been made more difficult given the complexity of demands, the uncertainty of availability and supply, issues of quality and issues of long term planning especially under the climate change scenarios. In this context, the water resources management is a process in which all the stakeholders and resources are considered in a comprehensive manner to maximise the economic and social welfare in a sustainable manner without compromising the sustainability of ecosystems. Africa has more than 50 important water basins covering almost all African countries. The entire national territories of around fourteen countries fall within shared river basins. About one-third of the world's international river basins are found in Sub-Saharan Africa wherein international river basins are the principal source of water resources. Thirty-five countries in the region share the seventeen major river basins. In this background, as highlighted in a UN report on ‘Water in Africa’, the key issue is the application of water resources management to the concept of water scarcity in Africa. The report also underline that more than 300 million African people live in water-scarce environment of the estimated 800 million who live on the African continent. Thus, organisation of such programmes is a timely assistance for the well-being of the people of Africa (...more info).
Program Duration :
1st Program : 3rd September to 23 september 2017 PROGRAM POSTPONED 2nd Program : 7th January to 27th January 2018 »
Coordinator: Dr M K Jain ,Head Department of Hydrology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee-247 667,I N D I A E-mail: mjainfhy[at]iitr.ac.in, email@example.com Tel: +91 1332 285845, +91-1332-285236 Web : www.iitr.ac.in/departments/HY/
- Keep a copy of scanned passport size Photograph & Passport under 50 kb and in jpg format.
- Keep all docs too attached as mentioned in prospectus in a folder along with passport size photo.
- Once form is submitted & emailed it cannot be altered again.(Important!).
- No communication shall be entertained regarding resubmission of application form.
- Please read the form carefully.
- The application will be automatically rejected if any column is inaccurate, incomplete or blank.
- Declaration by the candidate and the recommendations from employer, if any, are compulsory pre-requisites.
- Working knowledge of the English language is a prerequisite.
- For English language and language related courses, basic knowledge of English is required.
- Candidates who leave the course midway for personal reasons without prior permission of the Ministry of Home Affairs or remain absent from the programme without sufficient reasons are expected to refund the cost of training and airfare to Government of India.
- Female candidates are hereby advised that they should not travel to India to attend the Course applied for in case they are in family way.